31 January 2013

I've had aloe before, chunks of it suspended in jelly. I got my hands on a fresh leaf (?) of aloe. Here's a fairly sizable slab that I'll prep for dessert.
 Cut the spiny sides off
Peel off the green skin. The first side was easy because you could grip onto the other side. But when you have one side left to peel (and at this point there is quite a bit of goo...) it was rather tricky...
 I managed to get a relatively clean piece!
 Which I chopped into nice cubes
 And then rinsed under cold water
Oooh! I had this with coconut milk and honey. It was quite refreshing, and not as slimy once you wash off the goo. But aloe is practically made of goo, so if you chew on this for too long, you're just left with a lot of tasteless goo in your mouth. I just chopped it into smaller pieces so I wouldn't have to chew on it so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment