11 January 2013

Strawberries aren't in season right now, so they are pretty darn expensive at the grocery store/farmer's market. Today though we saw some discounted ones (they were kinda ugly, slightly beat-up) so we grabbed them and I made crepes.
The crepes would've been great with the strawberries, but I wanted to take it up a notch, so I decided to make pastry cream. The only thing is, I didn't really plan on making crepes and such until before dinner, so I had limited resources... I made the pastry cream with low-fat milk instead of whole milk and cream, like I've done before. Soooo........ it was pretty meh.
 The strawberries were yummy, they made up for my subpar pastry cream.
Now I can't wait till strawberries are in season to make this again with proper pastry cream :3

No comments:

Post a Comment