23 July 2010

Dear Steph is off to Singapore for school next week so I met up with her one last time. We had lunch at the restaurant she worked at this summer and it was lovely! Of course the staff was super friendly (they miss her dearly) and because of Stephanie's good looks and charm, we got some stuff on the house ;) Oh the perks of knowing the hostess/receptionist! So to start off, I had prawn cocktail and Steph had steak tartare.
Fruit punch on the house and we ordered a side of yam fries (Our absolute favorite. Whenever we order steak back at school, we have it with sweet potato/yam fries.)
I had the mushroom risotto for my main and Steph had the hanger steak.

And dessert! The set lunch came with angel food cake garnished with honey comb candy (love love love honey comb) but we were also surprised with this brownie ice cream sandwich, again, on the house! It had a caramel sauce and candied walnuts - super!!

Steph, I wish you much luck abroad and I will try to enjoy the next school year without you (it'll be hard but I think I'll make it...)

5 comments:

  1. this has to be the fanciest meal that u have put up on this blog so far!!!Where is this place????

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah. getting fancy eh!
    i had a steak from a restaurant the other day. i asked for medium rare... my friends agreed that it was pretty much raw. (booooo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy yummy in your tummy!
    this makes me want cake =0)

    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn it, i can't believe i missed out on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured out the easiest way to make honeycomb! Mmm all my ice-cream's gonna taste so good now :)

    ReplyDelete