10 November 2012

5 days of cake. DAY1!

We got some beautiful cakes today from my aunt. My mom is sort of antisugar, so I basically have these cakes to myself. So let the 5 days of cake begin! WOO!

Honestly, I'd really much rather receive several pieces of different pretty cakes like this rather than one whole cake. I just find it more appealing and exciting to see a variety, like a box of assorted chocolates as opposed to a giant chocolate bar. Just a little info for those of you who might one day get me cake...
This first cake is kind of more like a very tall tart. A yummy cakey almond biscuit base with a whole glazed pear on top. The core was filled with pastry cream. I'm used to eating nashi pears, but I actually prefer and really enjoy the flavour and texture of the pear-shaped pears, which was what was on this tart. So delicious and perfectly ripe! Can't wait for tomorrow's cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment